Saturday, August 30, 2008

Prologue


I am a photography hobbyist for almost two years already. Photography provides me a medium of expression and helps me appreciate the beauty of ordinary things that surrounds me.

I created this blog to show my photographs and describe my thoughts or idea when I conceptualized a particular photo. I will also share through this blog some photography tips and post-processing techniques that I learned. I consider my works as non-traditional. Most of my photographs undergo image manipulation to express what I feel and to give a new meaning to it. I know that there are a lot of arguments in applying excessive photo manipulation. Others don’t consider it as photograph because it alters the transparent nature of photography. However photo manipulation tools allow me to go beyond the boundaries of photography.

The phrase said – “a picture is worth a thousand words. A photograph manipulated or not tells a story and provided different interpretation to different audience. For me I use photo manipulation tools specifically Photoshop to express my thoughts beyond a camera can see. It allows me to think out-of-the-box and give me leeway to express my artistry. It let me present a different scene...


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your philosophy of using post processing tools to give your own expression to your photography. I wish you success with your new blog.

Dai Ning Li said...

nice! nice! may blog na si sir rod!
sino kaya may pakana neto?! heheh!
go bloggers!!!

Rod said...

Thanks for the encouragement gavin hart

Rod said...

Hi Niel, sino pa ba? he he

Anonymous said...

hi there sir rod! naks ur a blogger na din...ako din i have my blogs un nga lng sa company un...hehehe...

Anonymous said...

very artistic...